BCT Partners has a demonstrated track record of bridging education research, education policy, and education practice through our various engagements at the federal, state and local level. We approach education from a systems perspective, helping organizations and systems to think smarter, collaborate, engage and lead. We help organizations and institutions better understand and connect to their key constituents. Our work in this area has included helping public institutions and private philanthropy understand the landscape of potential education grantees; coaching charter schools to work smarter with their faculty and Board members; and advising the school districts as they explores how to make the voices of parents and communities count in its school reform efforts.
BCT’s education practice marries policy analysis with on-the-ground expertise and in-the-trenches experience. We work with communities, administrators, educators, and students to create environments for student success. We help our clients craft, pilot and assess interventions intended to improve educational attainment and learning success. This ranges from grantmaking strategies to close disparities in academic achievement to conducting pre-evaluation assessments of statewide higher education initiative for non-traditional students. We also work with grantees and grantmakers to establish student data, school data, and education data management practices, policies, systems and governance as a means to promote continuous learning and measure impact. BCT’s education practice specializes in:
• Using whole-system engagement strategies as means of bringing about organizational, community and systems change
• Technical assistance and training to federal, regional, state, and local educational institutions and educational alliances
• Parent and constituent engagement
• Education advocacy, organizing, and strategy
• Scientifically-based research and evaluation
• Government and philanthropic advising
• Strategic planning and organizational development
• Place-based community revitalization with schools at the center of activity
• Web-based information services and clearinghouses
Our experience includes district-wide reform, community engagement, higher education retention and student success, elementary, middle and high school turnaround, secondary, post-secondary and post-graduate curriculum development.